Functional trebuchet for your entertainment!
- Made from all hardwood with natural string included.
- Computer controlled precision manufacturing for guaranteed-to-fit parts.
- 10 inches long, 9 inches wide and 11 inches tall.
- Includes wooden ball projectiles.
- Propped counterweight box for increased potential energy. The counterweight box automatically props-up to a higher position when cocked.
- Sides lean inwards for shorter axle span. A shorter axle is stronger and won’t “bounce”, improving the performance and lifespan of the machine.
- Natural twine “ropes” for a more authentic looking model.
- Historically accurate trigger design is easier to operate than other friction-based triggers.
- Half-lap and reference-notched joinery make precision assembly easy to do without having to measure or mark anything.
- No metal or plastic parts! 100% wood and rope, but it’s still a functional machine capable of hurling a ball across the room!
- Can throw an object up to 20 feet when properly constructed and tuned. Your performance may vary.
Easy Assembly Instructions
It takes about 2-4 hours to assemble, which is a joy in itself with the hand selected wood and computer-controlled, precision cut parts. The professionally designed kit and fully detailed instructions – 10 pages of descriptions and tips, with of photos of every step – makes assembly a breeze. All you really need is some glue and a pair of scissors. For a more refined look, a little sandpaper and a small, round file would be helpful, but are entirely optional.
You’ll need to supply the counterweight material. 150 pennies are recommended.
This mighty desktop artillery is capable of hurling the wooden ball projectiles (included) over twenty feet! Just load-up the counterweight bucket with about $1.50 in pennies and you’ve got a fully-loaded machine. Use less counterweight for shorter range, or experiment with different configurations of sling length and projectile/counterweight combinations.
The desktop trebuchet is a fantastic way to demonstrate the pinnacle of pre-gunpowder mechanical engineering technology. Great for classrooms or school science projects, or just a great display piece on your bookshelf or desk.
***WARNING! This is a functional model intended for display and/or educational demonstrations of physics. It contains a fast moving arm and projectile that can cause injury if you make contact when firing. Use only under strict, competent adult supervision.